The Shrimper Corner Shop
Windsport has spend many years sailing, servicing, coaching and supporting Shrimper Owners with all manner of Cornish Shrimper 19 products and services. Feel free to scroll through our comprehensive list of Shrimper support or click on the title below to take you to your specific area of interest.
- Covers and Winter Storage Accessories
- Boat Fixtures and Fitting
- Sails and Control Systems
- Helpful Sailing Additions
- Windsport Maintenance Services and Storage
- Shrimper Tuition / Coaching all levels and abilities
Covers and Winter Storage Accessories
All Seasons Winter Boat Cover – The Windsport Deluxe Airflow Shrimper boat cover provides the most comprehensive protection for your boat when ashore
1) Heavy duty 500 gram UV resistant polyester waterproof material.
2) Air vents to provide movement of air when undercover
3) Side skirts that come down to water line to protect hull colour
4) Side entry to cover for access
5) Cover can be applied with mast up and spars fitted or mast down.
6) Cover Mk1 /Mk2 Shrimper 19 hull versions
Boom Sail Cover – Quick and simple boom cover with generous measurement to protect your mainsail, on the water or ashore.
1) Robust polyester UV resistant material
2) Cut out for peak halyard and topping lift fixings
3) Under boom buckle and clip system
4) High neck design to ease application
5) Fits Mk1 / Mk2 Shrimper 19
Contact:-The Shrimper Corner shop for further information, availability, price.
Cockpit Cover – Ideal for Mk1 Shrimpers 19 which are non self-draining or to keep the cockpit area protected when on your mooring or ashore
1) Robust polyester UV resistant material
2) Supplied with eyes and shock cord to fasten to original cockpit clips.
3) Specially designed hang point feature to distribute draining effect.
Beach trolley – Heavy duty beach launching trolley with keel sledge guide and adjustable side supports. and option of std or wider grass wheel.
1) Option of standard or wider grass wheels (note wider wheels do not fit most piggy back road trailers)
2) 2 x speed winch
3) adjustable jockey wheel
4) Galvanised frame
5) Grease-able plain bearings
6) 50mm tow hitch
7) Position adjustable central axle
Shrimper Hull Fixtures and Fittings
Replacement shroud plates
Replacement 316 grade stainless steel standard shroud plates. Ideal replacement for galvanised shroud plates showing signs of galvanising wear. Stainless steel screws / bolts / nuts / washers available on request. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this replacement work for you.
Replacement bobstay fitting –
Replacement 316 grade stainless steel standard bobstay bowsprit fitting. Ideal replacement for galvanised bobstay fitting showing signs of galvanising wear. Stainless steel fixing screws / bolts / nuts / washers available on request. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this replacement work for you.
Replacement Keel Plate –
Replacement 316 grade stainless steel standard keel plate. Ideal replacement for galvanised keel plate showing signs of galvanising wear. Stainless steel fixing screws / bolts / nuts / washers available on request. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this replacement work for you.
Hull rudder gudgeon fitting –
–Replacement 316 grade stainless steel hull gudgeon fitting. Ideal replacement for galvanised fittings showing signs of galvanising wear. Stainless steel fixing screws / bolts / nuts / washers available on request. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this replacement work for you.
Hull rudder pintle fitting –
Replacement 316 grade stainless steel hull pintle fitting. Ideal replacement for galvanised fittings showing signs of galvanising wear. Stainless steel fixing screws / bolts / nuts / washers available on request. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this replacement work for you.
Centreboard replacement –
Replacement galvanised or 316 grade stainless steel centre-board with dyneema packing to prevent centreboard rocking. Ideal replacement when galvanised centreboards are beyond refurbishment or to save on maintenance costs. Note:- to date current class racing rules do not allow the use of stainless steel centre-boards for official Shrimper association class racing). Stainless steel fixing screws / bolts / nuts / washers available on request. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out refurbishment or replacement work for you
Rudder drop down plate –
Replacement 316 grade stainless steel rudder drop down plate. Ideal replacement for galvanised fitting showing signs of galvanising or pivot bolt wear. Stainless steel fixing screws / bolts / nuts / washers available on request. . Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this replacement work for you.
Shrimper Sails and Control Systems
– A cruising and racing mainsail with a winning pedigree. Developed in conjunction with the Windsport Shrimper sailing team to deliver a quality durable sail with racing performance.
- 2 x lines of slab reefing
- Colour options : – White, Cream, Tan
- Sail numbers and insignia
- Leech line and cleats
- Leech tell-tales
- Mainsail bag and sail ties
– Class legal designed for cruising or racing taking into account the rigours associated with foresail wear and adjustment. Developed in conjunction with the Windsport Shrimper sailing team.
- Various jib furler system luff bolt rope options:- 6mm, 8mm, Aeroluff spar
- Leech line
- Tack downhaul adjustment cleat
- 3 x lines of jib tell tales
- Jib sail bag
Flyaway Jib stick system
-Designed to provide a simple solution to setting your jib in the goosewing position without leaving the cockpit. Ideal for single handed or family sailing. Kit includes:-Specially fitted out carbon or aluminium jib pole, lines, cleats, shockcord, self- assemble instructions included. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this fit out work for you.
2:1 jib sheet kit:
-Ideal for sailors who find the sheet loading in stronger winds a challenge the 2:1 jib sheet system is a welcome solution. Kit includes, blocks, lines, ropes, shockcord and self-assembly instructions. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this fitting work for you.
Mainsheet ratchet block cleat:
– The perfect solution to mainsheet loads on hands and arms in stronger winds. The supplied ratchet block allows for the ratchet to be switched off for lighter winds and the adjustable cleat angle can be set to suit your sailing style.
Adjustable traveller car pack.
– Fine tune your mainsail setting and sailing style by adjusting the position of your traveller car with ease from the helming position. Conversion kit suitable for Shrimpers with RWO style traveller car systems and some others. Kit includes, blocks, lines, cleats and self-assembly instructions. Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out this fitting work for you.
Helpful Sailing Additions
Telescopic Tiller extension:
-An adjustable tiller extension allows you to adjust your sailing position without losing control of your steering ability. The adjustable length is enough to position yourself at the very front or rear of the cockpit area. For those who prefer to sit on the gunwale when sailing or racing and adjustable tiller extension is a welcome option.
Ask for a Windsport quote to carry out the fitting work for you.
Windsport jib furler line feeder:
-Designed to fit the original RWO style jib furler drum this simple solution prevents 99% of jib furler line snarl ups around the drum when furling or unfurling your jib. Fitting instruction included.
Ropes / Lines / Halyards / blocks etc. :
– Whatever replacement line, rope, halyard, sheet, wire block, cleat or shackle you need for your Shrimper the Windsport corner shop can supply. The wide range of fittings and cordage used over the years of Shrimper production things have changed and been updated. Call the Windsport team to discuss what you have fitted now that needs direct replacement and what the Shrimper Windsport team are using themselves which you may wish to consider.
Windsport Rope Mooring Strop:
– Just the right length rope mooring strop to attach to your mooring chain and slip over your Sampson post as added security. The strop comes with galvanised eye, sheathed three strand rope to prevent undue wear. Strops can be made to owners specific requirements from supplied drawings when requested.
Windsport Falmouth Shrimper Services
Storage– Hard Standing Outside:
– Visiting or resident Shrimper owners are welcome to make use of the Windsport outside storage area by the week month or year, winter or summer storage. Windsport provide storage for road trailers, beach trolleys, boats on trailers, vehicle parking, boat tender and outboard engine storage. Owners are welcome to work on their own boats during storage, access to electricity for light hand tools, water hose and workshop advice is all on hand.
Storage – Undercover:
-Protect your boat further from the elements in a dry environment our undercover storage does just that. Access to your boat is available during business hours.
Note:-Maintenance on boats stored under cover is limited to work that is not detrimental to other boats using undercover storage i.e. dust, odour, noise etc. You can also make use of the Windsport pop – up workshop see below.
Undercover Pop-Up workshop facility:
-The Windsport Pop-Up workshop is just the right size to work on your Shrimper out of the elements. This Pop-Up workshop comes with light hand-tool electrics, lighting, water tap facility and on hand technical advice. You can advance book this workshop facility by the day, week or month.
Windsport team boat maintenance / servicing.
The Windsport team carryout a full range of maintenance and servicing activities for boat owners from seasonal launch and recovery, to winter servicing, boat collection and delivery. If you want a job done on your boat and you would rather the Windsport team carry the work out talk to us. Here are a few examples:-
- Seasonal antifouling
- Spar and woodwork varnishing / staining
- Fitting and equipment updating
- GRP repairs, gelcoat work, hull polishing and valeting
- Launch and recovery to and from Falmouth area moorings
- Road transport delivery and collection.
- Centre-board refurbishment / replacement including winch lines and equipment and pivot bolt.
Tuition – Coaching and Introductory Sails
Introductory / Test Sails:
-If you have never had the opportunity to sail a Shrimper but thought it just might be the boat for you and wish to find out more call Windsport and book an introductory sail with one of our informed and experienced Shrimper sailing team and we will do our best to show you the ropes and answer any questions during your sail.
– Shrimper boat owner or just looking for more experience in this style of sailing craft our Windsport sailing team can help to build your confidence, demonstrate simple ways to make your sailing more enjoyable, from light and strong wind sailing to coming alongside, picking up a mooring, reefing or setting your sails. And if you require an RYA Keel boat certificate we can work with you to achieve that aim.
-For those who wish to improve their boat handling, sailing performance and racing skills our Windsport coaching is designed to deliver just that. Delivered by some of the best Shrimper coaches with racing pedigree and a wide knowledge of racing skills, tactics, rules and boat tuning you can gain a significant amount of very useful specific knowledge in a very short period of time.