Windsport Falmouth based at Mylor Harbour will be supporting the MYC Cornish Shrimper Sailing Fleet this coming Sunday as part of the “Mylor Yacht Club RYA Push the Boat Out Day” on Sunday the 20th May.
In association with the Royal Yachting Association Mylor Yacht Club are throwing open their doors to offer you all a chance to ‘Push The Boat Out’ and see the club on its open day as well
- Free taster sailing sessions with members on their own boats (see notes below)
- Meetthe MYC Racing, Cruising, Training and Social Sections!
- Enjoy refreshments and a BBQ on their wonderful terrace overlooking Mylor Yacht Harbour. The bar will be open too
- The Stowes will be performing their distinctive folk /rock music (on the terrace if fine) during the afternoon
- Membership offers available on the day… (plus, we will waive our £70 joining fee!)
- The Falmouth Sea Safety team from the RNLI will be there too. Find out how to be safer whilst on the water
With many styles of boat on show some MYC Cornish Shrimper owners will be welcoming you on-board for a taste of sailing a Cornish Shrimper and will be on and to give you advice on how to get more involved. The Windsport centre a short walk from the yacht club , will have a display of Cornish Shrimpers onshore for you to view and appreciate the various layouts, options and price of second-hand boats available if you feel you have caught the sailing bug.
If you would like more information or to pre-book a sailing session, please email our Vice Commodore, Sarah Hayes – email@example.com or telephone her on 01326 374277
MYC do welcome all the family to this event but regret the on-the-water sessions are not suitable for babies or toddlers and, sorry…, NO DOGS (either on the boats or in the clubhouse. They can come onto the terrace, but must not be left unattended).
Please bring appropriate clothing and footwear. If you have a life jacket please bring it, a few will be available to borrow on the day.
You will be asked to register your personal details on arrival.