Recent News and upcoming events
Windsport as part of its sponsorship package with UKIDA offered 2 full days of Race Coaching. Drawn at random two crews have the pleasure of a weekend at the Windsport Centre in Mylor Yacht Harbour.
A welcoming BBQ on the Friday night is followed by two intensive days of input on the water improving all areas of race technique and boat handling. This will be coupled with classroom time offering comprehensive advice in all areas of preparation and race theory as well as analysis of performance on the water. With Brian’s vast coaching experience it is certainly session that all crews will benefit from and we look forward to welcoming them and take home with them an improved level of performance.
For more details on all Catamaran Coaching Options offered by Windsport - Please contact : email@example.com or call our office on 01326 376191
It is a great opportunity for club members to “TRY” before buying, and increase the number of entry-level sailors to catamaran sailing.
The fleet of 3 Dart 16s have come back to Windsport for some TLC and prepare them for their next charter.
The Windsport Pits… no association with Coal pits but equally energetic – the Windsport team “at the coal face!” Brian working hard servicing another satisfied client – And we would add that Brian is not unusually small it is just that his client is exceptionally tall!
Hoping to see all the Dart crews and supporters at the Welsh Wednesday Sponsors Party Night
Keep unto date with the Dart 18 Europeans at the scenic Mumbles Yacht Club in Wales here
and for a fantastic array of photos from the event try here
Many thanks to our Class supplier helping with tonights event:
- RWO Marine - RWO Marine supply a large amount of the fittings and equipment used on the Dart 18 and a number of Windsport licensed parts.
- Wave Loft - Waveloft manufacture under license all the covers and protective items listed on the Catparts website for Dart18.
- English Braids - English braids supply all the ropes and lines used on new boats and supplied by Windsport at events during the year.
- Windsport International - Licensed supplier of Dart 18 worldwide and the home of Dart 18 for new boats and replacement parts . Windsport works with all appointed manufactures to provide the quality service and product that makes Dart 18 production one design sailing such a success .
- Cad Kat – Manufacturer of “The Big Wheel Launching Trolley” with unique roller bearings ideal for soft sand and rock beaches. Windsport stock Cad-Kat trollies and replacement parts.
- White Formula - Windsport’s appointed manufacture of composite material Dart 18 hulls and equipment.
- Hyde Sails - Hyde sails appointed manufacture of the Dart 18 production one design sails for Windsport under license.
The Windsport team are in our final stages or preparations for the European championship support. For those who have already placed a pre-event parts order, your order is picked and packed ready for collection on day one. For everyone else this is the last week to get your replacement parts order in and marked up for collection at the event.
After this week it will be what ever is in the support trailer at the time and still available.
To make sure you get what you want at the start of the event Windsport recommend you place an order this week for collection at the event. (Order by close of day Sunday 10th August)
Order on line here or call us.
Windsport Dart18 support
Make sure you join us for the Welsh Wednesday – Windsport suppliers party -
The RYA 49er and 49er FX Development squads are basing their Training for their Worlds at Windsport. Ben Rhodes who has an enviable skiff championship pedigree is the squad coach commented that Windsport offers the perfect combination of location and facilities to coach the squad with an absolute minimum of fuss and distraction allowing them to concentrate on the sailing
The sailing conditions on offer around Falmouth, Cornwall give the squad some ideal training in tidal estuary sailing to help in their preparation for the World Championships in Santander in September.
Living locally, squad member Jack Hawkins fresh back from his podium place at the youth worlds, aka. Team kernow, has been helping out on shore with the rest of his training partners off the water keeping all parties entertained and a roof over their heads.
For more info on the 49er class: http://49er.org
More info on the RYA Sailing Team
It certainly put everyone in a good mood for the final 3 races on Sunday.
Event Photos on our Facebook Page Please like us and if anyone wants Hi Res copies please email us.
Hi all , all systems go for the SW Dart 18 championships hosted by Windsport and RSC. Best bring your Sunglasses and sunblock!
IMPORTANT NOTE :- For those towing – follow your GPS to Mylor Bridge Village by all means but after that make sure you DO NOT follow any GPS direction down CHURCH ROAD, which is a no through road, many GPS do not know that!!! It starts well and gets narrower and narrower with a path at the end!!
- For those arriving Thursday night to do a sailing harbour pub crawl on the Friday we look forward to seeing you.
- For those arriving Friday to take advantage of the afternoon coaching session welcome.
- For those arriving Friday afternoon / evening the Windsport “beer and burger” welcome BBQ will be on hand from 18.00hrs – 22.00hr
- For those arriving Saturday morning the sailors briefing is 10.00hrs and the first start 12.00hrs so time to get yourself sorted.
Fabulous Beach Party Live music on Saturday night !
The fleet size is looking good and if everyone who promised to come keeps their promise we will have 25 – 30 boats!
Windsport camping is set up FOC, just let us know you are coming down.
Full info is on the RSC website www.restronguetsc.org/ , heading events.
If you can / would pre-register it would help the caterers and the race team, if not we will make it work one way or another!
Any last minute questions call the Windsport team 01326 376191
All looks good
Being a sponsor of all the Sprint 15 TT events It was fabulous to see over 30 competitors travelled to Instow, Devon for the 2014 Sprint 15 Sport National Championships. With further sponsorship from Gill and Doombar it is clear to see the strength that this Class has to offer.
Competitors came from 15 clubs & all corners of the country and with easterly squalling gusts of force 6-7 there were thrills and spills in abundance
The good solid breeze all weekend kept Brian in the trusty Windsport Support Team trailer busy helping out with all the necessary equipment failures that had resulted from the challenging conditions.
After 6 races The results were tallied and Paul Grattage (Shanklin) was declared 2014 Sprint Nation Champion 2014. Kevin Dutch was 2nd (Seasalter) and Fraser Manning 3rd (NDYC). The Pro Am was won by Anthony Grey and Liam Thom. Stuart Snell won the veterans class.
Calling all Dart 18 sailors – The south west championships are taking place at Restronguet Sailing Club over the weekend of July 5th and 6th.
The original Dart Sailing Club is hosting a weekend of racing in the Carrick Roads and
- Pre-Event Coaching on Friday 4th July (2 – 5pm) (Must be pre-booked with Windsport 01326 376191)
(Welcome beer & sausage provided – Bring your own supper)
Saturday evening Beach Party – not to be missed!
(Tickets available for sailors at only £7.50)
Brilliant Racing * Fab venue * Friendly Welcome
Camping on-site (provided by Windsport) (Please call Windsport 01326 376191)