Recent News and upcoming events
The RYA 49er and 49er FX Development squads are basing their Training for their Worlds at Windsport. Ben Rhodes who has an enviable skiff championship pedigree is the squad coach commented that Windsport offers the perfect combination of location and facilities to coach the squad with an absolute minimum of fuss and distraction allowing them to concentrate on the sailing
The sailing conditions on offer around Falmouth, Cornwall give the squad some ideal training in tidal estuary sailing to help in their preparation for the World Championships in Santander in September.
Living locally, squad member Jack Hawkins fresh back from his podium place at the youth worlds, aka. Team kernow, has been helping out on shore with the rest of his training partners off the water keeping all parties entertained and a roof over their heads.
For more info on the 49er class: http://49er.org
More info on the RYA Sailing Team
It certainly put everyone in a good mood for the final 3 races on Sunday.
Event Photos on our Facebook Page Please like us and if anyone wants Hi Res copies please email us.
Hi all , all systems go for the SW Dart 18 championships hosted by Windsport and RSC. Best bring your Sunglasses and sunblock!
IMPORTANT NOTE :- For those towing – follow your GPS to Mylor Bridge Village by all means but after that make sure you DO NOT follow any GPS direction down CHURCH ROAD, which is a no through road, many GPS do not know that!!! It starts well and gets narrower and narrower with a path at the end!!
- For those arriving Thursday night to do a sailing harbour pub crawl on the Friday we look forward to seeing you.
- For those arriving Friday to take advantage of the afternoon coaching session welcome.
- For those arriving Friday afternoon / evening the Windsport “beer and burger” welcome BBQ will be on hand from 18.00hrs – 22.00hr
- For those arriving Saturday morning the sailors briefing is 10.00hrs and the first start 12.00hrs so time to get yourself sorted.
Fabulous Beach Party Live music on Saturday night !
The fleet size is looking good and if everyone who promised to come keeps their promise we will have 25 – 30 boats!
Windsport camping is set up FOC, just let us know you are coming down.
Full info is on the RSC website www.restronguetsc.org/ , heading events.
If you can / would pre-register it would help the caterers and the race team, if not we will make it work one way or another!
Any last minute questions call the Windsport team 01326 376191
All looks good
Being a sponsor of all the Sprint 15 TT events It was fabulous to see over 30 competitors travelled to Instow, Devon for the 2014 Sprint 15 Sport National Championships. With further sponsorship from Gill and Doombar it is clear to see the strength that this Class has to offer.
Competitors came from 15 clubs & all corners of the country and with easterly squalling gusts of force 6-7 there were thrills and spills in abundance
The good solid breeze all weekend kept Brian in the trusty Windsport Support Team trailer busy helping out with all the necessary equipment failures that had resulted from the challenging conditions.
After 6 races The results were tallied and Paul Grattage (Shanklin) was declared 2014 Sprint Nation Champion 2014. Kevin Dutch was 2nd (Seasalter) and Fraser Manning 3rd (NDYC). The Pro Am was won by Anthony Grey and Liam Thom. Stuart Snell won the veterans class.
Calling all Dart 18 sailors – The south west championships are taking place at Restronguet Sailing Club over the weekend of July 5th and 6th.
The original Dart Sailing Club is hosting a weekend of racing in the Carrick Roads and
- Pre-Event Coaching on Friday 4th July (2 – 5pm) (Must be pre-booked with Windsport 01326 376191)
(Welcome beer & sausage provided – Bring your own supper)
Saturday evening Beach Party – not to be missed!
(Tickets available for sailors at only £7.50)
Brilliant Racing * Fab venue * Friendly Welcome
Camping on-site (provided by Windsport) (Please call Windsport 01326 376191)
Keep up to date with club sailing conditions at http://www.restronguetsc.org
Sacre bleu!!! What a fabulous event. Check out a selection of photos here and get the full class report at the Yachts and Yachting website here. With all the Class 3 positions on the podium being filled by UK Sprint 15 sailors it was a testament to the strength in sailors from Blighty. Needless to say after the success of this expedition to foreign soil we expect to see a greater contingent next year. Who is up for it?
Ben on winning our Catbatten Draw!
A set of Batten are on their way to you.
- Both the Dart 18 and Sprint 15 Stands were busy over the the whole weekend with plenty of interest. It was very positive to see interest in both new boats ( possibly in readiness for the Dart 18 European Championships in Mumbles this summer) and that the value and demand for second hand boats is still exceptionally strong.
If you are tempted to go to the Euros you can save money by getting an Early entrance fee if you enter before 31st March .
If you are looking for for a great warm up event then do not forget about the South West Dart 18 Championships with Windsport providing coaching the day before. Contact the Windsport Team for more details or try the hosts Restronguet SC.
- The Visit Cornwall stand proved to be incredibly popular providing a wide range of information on the extensive range of venues the county has on offer – It was great to see so many families showing a keen interest as well as the huge response from the class associations looking at our great championship venue.
It also launched the promotion the of the new Falmouth Catamaran and Dinghy week. to be based from Restronguet Sailing Club in August 2014 – the week after Falmouth Week. If you are looking to arrange a boat, trailer and car parking package as we have done for previous Falmouth Weeks please contact us to confirm your booking. If you did not make the show you still have the chance to win a free boat/car park package in our #loveCornwall give away here
- The Cat batten display on the UK Catamaran Racing Association succeeded in attracting considerable attention from all manner of Trade, sail makers and keen sailors using either fully battened sails or full head battens in their rigs. With three varying stiffnesses of tapered batten that you can custom trim to length – it can provide you with the flexibility to trim your rig like never before.
The Goodall designs with the C2 Formula18 and Viper Formula16 presentation proved also to be popular with a select few catamaran sailors looking for the ultra high performance end of cat sailing. With new boats on their way we have only one remaining Viper F16 demonstration boat left if you are looking for a great deal. Click here for more details.
Visit the RYA Dinghy Show stand B54, talk with the Windsport team about sailing venues in Falmouth , Cornwall and enter the competition to WIN a week’s free boat trailer and car parking at the Windsport Sailing & Watersports Centre.
Windsport provides the perfect home and services for all visiting dinghy and catamaran sailors. The large grass boat park is ideal for boat parking with super wide slipway and beach launch facility at all states of the tide.
A great location for social sailing, exploring harbours, rivers and creeks. We have a huge expanse of estuary sailing right on our front door and open sea sailing in Falmouth Bay just around the corner!
Talk with us about everything our venue, can offer you, your family, class or squad coaching, open event , championship or international event.
Windsport a place where sailing just happens!
Windsport Stand B54 (Visit Cornwall Regattas and Venues)